Charleston Community Sailing Inc. would not be possible without the many volunteers who put their time and energy into making our facility and programs accessible. We are always in need of people who want to help out–for one day or for an entire project.
The benefits of volunteering at Charleston Community Sailing Inc. include:
1. A great way to meet people
2. Students can log community service time helping out at the sailing center.
3. Choose which area you want to help out in and how involved you want to be:
- Serving on a committee (Fundraising, Events, Programs, Facility)
- Office Work
- Assisting with social media
- Special Events: Fundraiser, Festivals (day of help, collecting auction items)
- Helping with Camp Cool
- Working on Facility -> Tinkering Tuesdays
- Regattas – On or Off the water help
- STEM Programs
There are countless ways to help out regardless of whether or not you presently know how to sail. Below are some ways that you could spend your time helping CCS:
HIGH SCHOOL SAILING
Throughout the year CCS hosts a variety of CASSL’s and SAISA events. The volunteers on the race committee make it happen, on and off the water.
- Regatta Chairperson
- Principal Race Officer (PRO) – serving as coordinator for race events
- Providing safety support for race day events (set up, race management, chase & mark boats)
- Recording or Scoring via Techscore
Charleston Community Sailing is the host of the Special Olympics Sailing team in South Carolina. Being the only Special Olympics Sailing program in the state, we have quite a large team and would like to keep on growing, but to expand this program we need your help. Each athlete sails with a “unified partner”; this unified partner usually is the person that skippers the boat. As a result, for every athlete we need a dedicated unified partner who will attend practices and events with his or her athlete. If you don’t want to be on the sailboat, we can always use an extra hand on the safety boats during practices and events. Become a part of our Special Olympics “Team Charleston”!
For more information, contact us and we will add you to our database and contact you when opportunities arise. Thanks for your support of Charleston Community Sailing!!!