2023 Summer Sailing MUSTS!
This summer Charleston Community Sailing will continue to partner with the Charleston Yacht Club to run the biggest Junior Sail Program in town. All classes are instructed by a professional staff that hold US Sailing Level I Certification, CPR & First Aid Certified, to insure a fun, educational and safe experience.
What To Bring:
- Wear your swimsuit under light, breathable clothing – you can expect to get wet daily.
- Closed Toed Shoes- Water socks, sailing booties, old sneakers, your shoes will get wet!
- Type III PFD (Lifejacket) – We have these onsite, however if you prefer you can bring one. (Can be purchased at West Marine, please write sailors name on PFD)
- Water Bottle- We will provide a water cooler for fill ups.
- Sun Protection- The sun is very strong when out on the water, so hat and sunglasses are suggested in addition to sunscreen.
- Raincoat or Foul Weather Apparel- Weather can change very quickly on the water, so it’s good to prepared. (Please write sailors name on label)
- Towel if needed to dry off before the ride home!
…. And Always Be Ready for LOTS OF FUN!
From 17 N: Stay in right lane over Ashley River Bridge, merging Right on to Lockwood Dr, after passing Ashley marina turn Right into Safe Harbor Marina (17 Lockwood Dr.)*
From 17 S: After crossing cooper river bridge go through five traffic lights, turn left on to Lockwood Dr. at the sixth, at third traffic light turn right into Safe Harbor Marina (17 Lockwood Dr.)*
*Upon entering Safe Harbor Marina turn right through parking gate (gate with booth)-Take ticket. You have approximately 30 minutes to pick up and drop off your sailor – please tell them you are dropping off a sailor. Proceed through parking lot (towards Charleston Yacht Club). WE WILL MEET AT THE CHARLESTON YACHT CLUB.
We are looking forward to a fun filled summer on the water and are happy to have you as a part of our programs. Please note in case of known bad weather classes will be cancelled as there is limited space. If bad weather develops during class we encourage parents to pick up their children as soon as possible. We will be using REMIND and have included directions on how to get notifications. Please be sure to complete the waiver with you on DAY 1. Contact us with any questions or concerns and follow us on social media to see what is happening!