Summer 2023 Coaches
We are looking for qualified coaches to oversee our 8 week summer sailing program. Duties include curriculum development, coaching our learn to sail program, providing a fun & safe learning environment. Fleet consists of 13- 420’s, 12 Optimists, 3 Lasers, 2 Open Bics & 6 Stand Up Paddleboards. Ideal candidates will have collegiate team and coaching experience.
– US Sailing Smallboat Level 1 with current First Aid & CPR
– Enjoy working with children
– Excellent Teamwork and Communication skills
Head Coach Responsibilities:
– Manage sailing staff day to day.
– Provide appropriate feedback to sailors, instructors, volunteers and parents
– Be able to develop and maintain a strong rapport with staff
– Create an environment through leadership that will instill discipline and order while maintaining a fun learning environment
Salary is competitive and there are plenty of private coaching opportunities.
Charleston offers numerous evening racing opportunities for staff, beautiful beaches and a lively night scene. Housing in not provided.
– We’d love it you are ACA Level 1 and a Yoga Teacher Certification is a MAJOR +++ (minimum 200 hours)
– Instructors will be responsible for daily lesson set up and break down, SUP instruction, logistical
– Basic paddling skills and the ability to paddle with confidence and correct technique in open water
– Strong communication, decision making, logistical, and organizational skills
Internship: Marketing, Communications, Public Administration, MPA
Send us an email with your resume and let us know why YOU want to join our team.
Interested in joining our team, but you don’t have your US Sailing Smallboat Level 1 – check out our Junior Instructor Program!