Summer 2022 Coaches
We are looking for qualified coaches to oversee our 8 week summer sailing program. Duties include curriculum development, coaching our learn to sail program, providing a fun & safe learning environment. Fleet consists of 13- 420’s, 12 Optimists, 3 Lasers, 2 Open Bics & 6 Stand Up Paddleboards. Ideal candidates will have collegiate team and coaching experience.
– US Sailing Smallboat Level 1 with current First Aid & CPR
– Enjoy working with children
– Excellent Teamwork and Communication skills
Head Coach Responsibilities:
– Manage sailing staff day to day.
– Provide appropriate feedback to sailors, instructors, volunteers and parents
– Be able to develop and maintain a strong rapport with staff
– Create an environment through leadership that will instill discipline and order while maintaining a fun learning environment
Salary is competitive and there are plenty of private coaching opportunities.
Charleston offers numerous evening racing opportunities for staff, beautiful beaches and a lively night scene. Housing in not provided.
– We’d love it you are ACA Level 1 and a Yoga Teacher Certification is a MAJOR +++ (minimum 200 hours)
– Instructors will be responsible for daily lesson set up and break down, SUP instruction, logistical
– Basic paddling skills and the ability to paddle with confidence and correct technique in open water
– Strong communication, decision making, logistical, and organizational skills
Internship: Marketing, Communications, Public Administration, MPA
Fill out this form (coming soon) with your resume and let us know why YOU want to join our team.