Information for Summer Sailing 2020
Hello Sailors & Parents!
Thank you for registering for Charleston Community Sailing’s summer programs. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, we are constantly evaluating options for our Summer Programs, scheduled to begin in June. We understand our programs provide great experiences and memories for our participants, and much needed child-care for their families. Ultimately, our decisions to operate, delay, modify or cancel programs will be based on guidance from the CDC and other government health officials, as well as our commitment to ensuring we can provide a high quality, safe experience for your children. Please read our COVID-19 Letter to Parents.
This summer Charleston Community Sailing will continue to partner with the Charleston Yacht Club. All classes are instructed by a professional staff that hold US Sailing Level I Certification, CPR & First Aid Certified, to insure a fun, educational and safe experience.
What To Bring:
- Face Covering (mask, buff)
- Wear your swimsuit under light, breathable clothing – you can expect to get wet daily.
- Closed Toed Shoes- Water socks, sailing booties, old sneakers, your shoes will get wet!
- Type III PFD (Lifejacket) – Please bring your own (Can be purchased at West Marine, please write sailors name on PFD)
- Water Bottle- We will provide a water cooler for fill ups.
- Sun Protection- The sun is very strong when out on the water, so hat and sunglasses are suggested in addition to sunscreen.
- Raincoat or Foul Weather Apparel- Weather can change very quickly on the water, so it’s good to prepared. (Please write sailors name on label)
….And Always Be Ready for LOTS OF FUN!
From 17 N: Stay in right lane over Ashley River Bridge, merging Right on to Lockwood Dr, after passing Ashley marina turn Right into City Marina (17 Lockwood Dr.)*
From 17 S: After crossing cooper river bridge go through five traffic lights, turn left on to Lockwood Dr. at the sixth, at third traffic light turn right into City Marina (17 Lockwood Dr.)*
***Upon entering City Marina turn right through parking gate (gate with booth)-Take ticket. You have approximately 30 minutes to pick up and drop off your sailor. Proceed through parking lot (towards Charleston YC). WE WILL MEET AT THE CHARLESTON YACHT CLUB.
Weather Policy for 2020: In case of known bad weather classes will be cancelled as there is limited space. If bad weather develops during class we encourage parents to pick up their children as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to a fun filled summer on the water and are happy to have you as a part of our programs. Please be sure to bring a completed waiver with you on Monday is here. Contact us with any questions or concerns and follow us on social media to see what is happening!